In times where it seems like information is ever changing and new decisions are announced every day, we want to provide a brief update on how North Yarmouth officials continue to respond to COVID-19. In an attempt to not inundate you with more of the same information, we will only be sending out emails when new information is available. Over the next few weeks, we ask for your patience and understanding as we develop plans to best assist the community while protecting the health of our residents and employees.
- Town Parks will remain open! Go out for a walk, run, bike ride, play pass, or enjoy the fresh air. You can find a list of all of the parks here.
- Municipal Facilities (Town Office, Wescustogo Hall & Community Center, Public Works and Fire Rescue buildings) there will be no public access to buildings effective, Tuesday, March 17th. If you cannot utilize any of the online and mail-in services listed below, please call or email the respective departments to schedule an appointment with a staff member. The North Yarmouth team will be brainstorming creative ways to ensure that you can still complete business.
- Trash and Recycling collection will continue its normal schedule!
- General Assistance (food vouchers, rent and fuel assistance, etc.) please use the on call number 207-807-2055 at Opportunity Alliance.
- All non-essential board, committee, and community meetings have been cancelled.
- MSAD #51 has suspended school for a minimum of two weeks, effective Monday, March 16th.
- School Nutrition Program will be operating a bagged meal program for ALL children 18 & under free of charge. Meals will be packaged to take home and can be picked up at Mabel I. Wilson School between 10:00am-12:00pm Monday - Friday. Children will receive a breakfast and a lunch. Pick up will occur at the Mabel I. Wilson School bus loop. A table will be located outside the building and the meals will be given to you in your car. Should you be unable to pick up/drive up, please contact Jon Carlson, Food Service Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 829-4824 to coordinate a drop off to your location.
- Prince Memorial Library has closed public access to its building but will be taking email/phone requests (829-2215) to check out books. The hours will be Tuesday-Saturday 9am-5pm.
- Cumberland/ North Yarmouth Community Recreation Aftercare program is be suspended until school resumes.
Stay Healthy at Home
**Take Advantage of our Online and Mail-in Services**
- Applications and Forms
- ATV, Boat & Snowmobile Registrations
- Burning Permits
- Certified Copies of Birth, Death & Marriage Records
- Dog Licenses
- Assessing Exemptions
- Inland Fisheries & Wildlife Licenses (hunting, fishing, trapping, etc.)
- Real Estate & Personal Property Tax Collection (We have a secure drop-box located in front of the Town Office. Leave a note in your envelope if you would like a receipt and we can email/mail one to you!)
- Rescue Billing Collection
- Vehicle Registration
- Animal Control
- Clerk's Office
- Code Enforcement
- Fire Rescue
- General Assistance
- Parks and Recreation
- Public Works
- Wescustogo Hall & Community Center
Coronvirus (COVID-19) Information
- 2019-NCOV-Fact Sheet
- Common Coronavirus vs. Novel Coronavirus Infographic
- Talking to children during infectious disease outbreaks
- 2019 Coronavirus
- Sick with 2019 V-COV-fact sheet
- Hand Washing techinques
- 211 Now Available to answer general questions about COVID-1
- Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention
Steps to Prevent the Spread of Illness
A reminder to residents that the Maine State Legislature passed temporary provisions due to the State, County, and Town Office closures. The following registrations have been extended 30 days after the end of the State of Emergency:
- Motor Vehicle Registrations
- ATV Registrations
- Watercraft Registrations
- Dog Registrations.
*Please note that the Town Office cannot process any transactions, renewal or new, at this time.